Friday, July 6, 2012

Time4Learning.com 30 Day Review

My three kiddos, my 3rd grader going to 4th grade and my twins that are going into kindergarten, was able to get a little boost for summer learning with Time4Learning that I came across on Pinterst.

My 10 year old really enjoyed the program. I like how the program gave him of a refresher of things he went through in 3rd grade. The language arts section gave him an opportunity to read passages and then answer questions regarding what he read. He really looked forward to playing the activities. He did not get very far in the math section. In the math section he able go over was the expanded form of writing numbers. It took a little time for him to get used to the exercise because the directions were not very clear, so I helped him a little and then he got the hang of it. He was also able to do some social studies that was mainly reading about geographical locations and history. My 10 struggles with reading, so that part was a little difficult for him. He was not understand the concepts of rivers, lakes, farming land, etc. This might have been some 4th grade work that he has not went over yet. We were not able to go over the science sections which he really looked forward to. I was mainly focusing the language arts sections because he was preparing to retake the IRead test, here in Indian, the state requires that all 3rd graders pass in order to move on to the 4th grade. The first time he took the test he failed by 3 points. So the school put him in summer school for 3 days a week and I used this program as a supplement. Guess what? HE PASSED THE SECOND TIME!!!!!!! Yeah!

The twins, who are 5, really liked the program. They always asked to do the math. The math section mainly went over patterns, difference, building things that were different, and matching. The program was very animated. When they got something wrong, the program friendly asked them to do it again and then showed them how to do the assignment again,and the program went over this process until they got the correct patter or answer, what ever it was asking them to work on. The language arts section went over letters, how many letters are in a word, sentence reading, and even asking them to read along. Many of the words were sight word; however, it seemed to bore them a little. The characters were very colorful and animated to catch my young one's attention.

Overall Time4Learning is a great supplemental program. I would recommend, as they do, for parent to be close to their child while going through actives because they can get confused about some of the directions. The program is very kid friendly by being colorful, animation, even using kid like humor. I can say my kids all looked forward to doing the program. They seemed like it, which is great because learning should be fun. As a parent, I want them to look forward to learning opposed to them feeling like it is something that they had to do.

5 comments:

  1. My kids love the kid friendlyness of time4learning.come My kids love the freedom to go on line and do their work as they need to. When they needed to Glad your kids enjoyed the program. I hope you are able to continue the program.

    Brandy aka Lil' Momma
    Living in a busy life homeschooling and working part time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids already miss it. They keep asking to do the program, but I no longer have it. Just had it to do the review. My kids really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I will be homeschooling this year and just discovered Time 4 Learning. I have 8-year-old twin boys and am wondering, do your twins share one accoount, or did you get each their own account?
    Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to see that you will be using the program. I think your boys will love it. The program is desinged to where you can do the assignments as many times as you would like, so they can share, however, I liked to see the progress that each of the twins. With sharing an account it may be cheaper and you would only see one progress report. With the two accounts you will have two progress reports and it may cost a bit more. My kids all had their own accounts.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your quick response. I'm torn. I have 2 other children, so it is very tempting to have the twins share an account. But I don't want to compromise their learning...I guess I can start with one and switch to two. Thanks again!

      Delete