Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to class

I started my Anatomy class this week. I am really struggle with retaining this information. We have our first quiz today and I got a flipping C. Not good because I need to complete this class with an A for my MOT program. Hhhhhhh, I rewrite notes, I reread notes, I am going to make flash cards, hhhhhhhh..... I need to get more focused I guess. I thought I was focused, but I guess not. I can not get a study group because everyone in the class works so it's hard to get a time for us all to get together.I need to bep it up. I can do it, I know I can, I can try my best. November here I come.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me retrain this information?

I hope the best for all of you out there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for the crongrats over on my blog!! I am so pumped to be done with that and ready to start the last and final part of my program!!

    Ohhh the dreaded anatomy. I learned all the muscles (origins, insertions, actions, innervations) by writing them all down over and over and over and over again. If I had any down town in the day, I would be writing down muscles. That, in my mind is the best way to learn them. I think I read somewhere that if you write something 7+ times, you will learn it better. It is so important to learn the anatomy for class purposes but honestly once you get out into the field, you aren't going to be asked to identify a particular muscle and give it origin or insertion. You will just need to know the general idea of where the muscle is and the action of the muscle. And there are always resources available to look things up.

    I think flashcards area also a good idea- I have ones made by Netter (author) and love them. I would just pick out the ones we were working on at the time and carry them with me everywhere to look over at any chance I got.

    I hope this helps! Good Luck- and def let me know if you have any more questions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Man!!! That is such a big help. I try to rewrite the lectures a day or two after, then make flash cards. I will probably need to write them more times like you said so I can get it over there to the longterm memory. Thanks soooo much for helping me out and communicating with me!!! You do not understand how important that is to me. My school posted the application time line for OT, so I am hoping to be one of the first people in their office on Nov. 26. Ebvn though the dealing is Jan.21. LOL!

      Delete